What should I think about if I have liposuction?

Stuart A. Linder, MD
Plastic Surgery

Only Board-certified surgeons should perform liposuction surgery. The best patient candidates have localized fat deposits that are resistance to both diet and exercise. Favorable areas include: the abdomen, hips, flanks, medial and lateral thighs, lateral breasts. These are areas that often have good skin tonicity and will contract reasonably after sculpting. Post-operative compression garments are vital to help reduce swelling and contour the skin. I place my patients in 6 weeks of post-operative garments for compression. Remember, liposuction is NOT a substitute for diet and exercise and should be done with the patient close to their ideal body weight. 

Continue Learning about Laser Liposuction

Is professional massage recommended after liposuction?
Dr. Stuart A. Linder, MDDr. Stuart A. Linder, MD
Professional massage treatment may be useful after liposuction. The final results, however should no...
What is liposuction recovery like?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
Recovery from liposuction is usually quite quick. Depending upon the areas that are sculpted, full r...
What Are the Risks of Liposuction?
What Are the Risks of Liposuction?
Is There a Laser That Removes Fat Off the Body?