Can I opt for liposuction as treatment for obesity?

Liposuction is not a treatment for obesity. In this procedure, a surgeon removes fat from under the skin. Liposuction can be used to reshape parts of your body. But this surgery does not promise lasting weight loss.

This answer is based on source information from the National Women's Health Information Center.

Stuart A. Linder, MD
Plastic Surgery
Liposuction is Never a treatment for obesity. In fact, it is most useful for patients that are at their ideal body weight and have localized deep fat deposits. Our patients are instructed to get to within 5% of their ideal body weight prior to under liposuction procedure.

Continue Learning about Laser Liposuction

Is the success of liposuction the same for men and women?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
The success of liposuction is individual dependant. Both men and women whom are good candidates with...
Why may I need liposuction?
Liposuction is very useful for reducing localized fat deposit areas with good skin tonicity. In gene...
What Are the Risks of Liposuction?
What Are the Risks of Liposuction?
What Are the Risks of Liposuction?
What Are the Risks of Liposuction?