Is radiofrequency liposuction better than traditional methods?

Stuart A. Linder, MD
Plastic Surgery
I perform the traditional tumescent liposuction technique on my patients every week and have found the results to be predictable and safe. In my opinion, in the hands of board-certified plastic surgeons, traditional time proven tumescent liposuction yields great results with less of the side effects of the other approaches. 
Arthur W. Perry, MD
Plastic Surgery
Whether radiofrequency liposuction is better than traditional liposuction is unknown, since it is brand new and hasn't been studied in many people. But that hasn't stopped enterprising doctors from signing up patients for this controlled electrocution. Problems that occur include burns and nerve injuries.  This new technique joins laser liposuction, fat freezing, and noninvasive focused ultrasound as the new fat-killing kids on the block. Which works? Which is the best? Which is the safest? All unknown. My advice? Wait to see more studies before you dish out your money for something new and unproven.

Continue Learning about Laser Liposuction

How does liposuction work?
Anthony S. Youn, MDAnthony S. Youn, MD
Liposuction is a two-step surgical procedure that can remove fat from certain areas of the body....
What are the risks of liposuction?
Arthur W. Perry, MDArthur W. Perry, MD
The risks of liposuction include infection and bleeding. Infection is very rare with liposuction...
Is There a Laser That Removes Fat Off the Body?
What Is Liposuction?
What Is Liposuction?