Is lipo laser therapy too good to be true?

Stuart A. Linder, MD
Plastic Surgery

Laser liposuction, also referred to as Smart Lipo, does work but has its limitations. I have found laser liposuction to be most useful for facial and neck sculpting where smaller amounts of fat are removed. The laser is useful for emulsifying the fat cells that can either be resorbed by the body in smaller cases, or suctioned out in larger body sculpting procedures. Combining laser liposuction with conventional tumescent liposuction yields excellent results. 

Continue Learning about Laser Liposuction

When will I see the effects of liposuction?
Arthur W. Perry, MDArthur W. Perry, MD
Expect to see weight loss following liposuction. Not right away, because the swelling immediatel...
Does liposuction have health benefits?
Arthur W. Perry, MDArthur W. Perry, MD
The great liposuction debate burns in the minds of plastic surgeons at scrub sinks across the co...
What Are the Risks of Liposuction?
What Are the Risks of Liposuction?
Is There a Laser That Removes Fat Off the Body?