What are the stages of laryngeal cancer?

Progression of laryngeal cancer is divided into four stages. In the first stage, cancer is only present in one of the three sections of the larynx. In the second stage, the cancer has spread to another part of the larynx but is still only present in the larynx. In the third stage, the cancer has spread and has also affected the lymph nodes. Laryngeal cancer is in the fourth stage when it has spread outside of the larynx to other tissues. The specifics of staging vary depending on the origination of the tumor.

Continue Learning about Laryngeal Cancer

What increases my risk for laryngeal cancer?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Risk of laryngeal cancer can increase by smoking cigarettes and alcohol consumption. Additionally, t...
What is cancer of the larynx?
Cancer of the larynx also may be called laryngeal cancer. It can develop in any part of the larynx. ...
How long will I survive if I have laryngeal cancer?
Chances of surviving laryngeal cancer depend on how far the cancer has progressed. If the cancer is ...
Is there a cure for laryngeal cancer?
Laryngeal cancer can be cured if it is in an early stage. As it progresses and spreads, it becomes m...