What are the advantages of gastric banding surgery?

Because the band used in gastric banding surgery is removable, adjustable, and does not permanently alter the anatomy, it provides an option for patients who may not otherwise consider surgery for treatment of their obesity. Other advantages include a shorter hospital stay and no effects on the absorption of nutrients.

Continue Learning about Lap Band Surgery (Adjustable Gastric Banding)

What are the side effects of gastric banding?
Curtis L. Peery, MDCurtis L. Peery, MD
Gastric banding can cause side effects when it is improperly adjusted or dietary recommendations are...
Who should have gastric banding surgery?
Gastric banding surgery is approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for people who:  a...
Will My Insurance Cover Weight Loss Surgery?
Who Is the Ideal Candidate for Weight Loss Surgery?