How does laparoscopic adjustable gastric banding (LAGB) work?

Curtis L. Peery, MD
Surgery
Laparoscopic adjustable gastric banding works only when the band is properly adjusted and this requires close follow up with your weight loss team. When the band is adjusted properly the patient will experience a sensation of fullness that lasts for hours even though they have only eaten a small healthy meal. The meal is typically measured at about ½ cup of food.

Continue Learning about Lap Band Surgery (Adjustable Gastric Banding)

Is it possible to have a reaction to a lap band?
Curtis L. Peery, MDCurtis L. Peery, MD
While patients will not develop an allergy to the band, the lap band can have side effects. Patients...
How do teenagers respond to lap-band surgery?
NewYork-Presbyterian HospitalNewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
The Lap-Band procedure, which is approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for adults but n...
How Soon Can I Expect to See Results after Lap Band Procedure?
Which Weight Loss Surgery Is the Safest?