How can lap band surgery help me lose weight?

For patients 75-100 pounds or more overweight, bariatric surgery such as the Lap-Band procedure can help regain health. In this video, Joseph Burnette, MD, of Coliseum Medical Centers, discusses the benefits of Lap-Band surgery.
Lap band surgery is often an alternative for those who cannot stop their addiction to food. In this video,  Dr. Oz talks to two lap band patients about their eating habits before and after their surgeries.

Continue Learning about Lap Band Surgery (Adjustable Gastric Banding)

What is the LAP-BAND procedure?
Joan Salge Blake, MS, RDJoan Salge Blake, MS, RD
LAP-BAND is a procedure that involves using an adjustable band that is surgically inserted and wrapp...
How will my eating change if I get lap band surgery?
Dr. Melissa B. Bagloo, MDDr. Melissa B. Bagloo, MD
In general, most patients find they are unable to easily tolerate red meat, pasta, rice, fresh bread...
Why Should I Go to an Information Seminar before Weight Loss Surgery?
Who Is the Ideal Candidate for Weight Loss Surgery?