What can I expect on eating lactose if I am lactose intolerant?

After eating foods with lactose in them, you may feel sick to your stomach. You may also have cramps, bloating, gas, or diarrhea.

Some illnesses can cause these same problems. Your doctor can do tests to confirm if your problems are caused by lactose intolerance.

This answer is based on source information from National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases.

Continue Learning about Lactose Intolerance

What to Do If You Think You’re Lactose Intolerant
These days, more and more people are embracing the dairy-free life. Whether it’s because of a lactose intolerance or a gut sensitivity, plant-based da...
Can I drink goat's milk if I'm lactose intolerant?
Bruce L. Pfuetze, MDBruce L. Pfuetze, MD
Many years ago goat's milk was one of the few milk substitutes that could be used for infants or chi...
What is primary lactose intolerance?
Primary lactose intolerance is a condition in which the body can't digest a sugar called lactose, wh...
How Can I Avoid Symptoms of Lactose Intolerance?