What are the most common misconceptions about labor?

Paula Greer
Midwifery Nursing

Many women hope for the kind of labor they see on TV -- short, sweet and easy. But giving birth typically takes hours, and often isn't so easy. Watch this video featuring nurse midwife Paula Greer to learn the truth about other common misconceptions about labor.

Linda S. Katz, MD
OBGYN (Obstetrics & Gynecology)
A common misconception about labor and delivery has to do with the epidural. In this video, Linda Katz, MD, an OB/GYN at West Hills Hospital, describes the various points in labor where you can get an epidural, along with other birth myths.

Continue Learning about Labor, Delivery & Post Period Of Pregnancy

Should You Keep This After Your Baby Is Born?
As medical science advances, more and more pregnant women and their families are pondering a new question as they prepare to deliver: should I save my...
Can petite women safely give birth vaginally?
Dr. Evelyn Minaya, MDDr. Evelyn Minaya, MD
Petite women can absolutely have safe vaginal births; body size is not the only factor that weighs i...
What exercises can I do while pregnant to avoid breech birth?
Sky Ridge Medical CenterSky Ridge Medical Center
It's not uncommon for a baby to be breech—feet down—when you're pregnant. Your OBGYN may try to turn...
What Is the Best Treatment for Postpartum Depression?