Why should I get tested for hepatitis C?

You should get tested for hepatitis C if you are at high risk for hepatitis C infection because there are effective treatments that, if started soon enough, may prevent liver disease. You may fall into a high risk group depending on your year of birth, other illness or other factors that increase the opportunity for exposure and infection.

Continue Learning about Lab Tests

What questions should I ask my doctor about cholesterol tests?
SecondsCount.orgSecondsCount.org
The following questions can help you talk to your physician about having a cholesterol/lipids te...
What does Trans Epidermal Water Loss (TEWL) measure?
Trans Epidermal Water Loss is the measurement of how much water moves through and leaves the outer l...
What does my total protein level tell me?
These levels are used in the evaluation of nutritional status, liver synthetic functions, kidney syn...
What does it mean to have a high CPK reading?
Howard E. Lewine, MDHoward E. Lewine, MD
CPK is the abbreviation for a blood test called creatine phosphokinase. CPK is an enzyme found prima...