What do I need to know about caring for someone with kyphosis?

Kyphosis affects children in their adolescent years. This is a time when young boys and girls are very concerned with their physical outlook and wrestling with their emotions. If your child is diagnosed with kyphosis, you need to know about treatments to help alleviate any pain he or she experiences. Sometimes in mild cases it is not obvious that the child has kyphosis, but in other cases it may be difficult for the child. It is very important for these latter children to be around friends and family who care and will be great support for them. Children with kyphosis may need professional counseling at some point. Joining a support group for parents with kids diagnosed with kyphosis may also be very helpful.

Continue Learning about Kyphosis (Hunchback)

How do I manage my kyphosis (hunchback) on a daily basis?
Kyphosis can be managed on a daily basis by avoiding strenuous activities. You should make sure that...
What increases my risk for kyphosis (hunchback)?
Bone disorders, such as osteoporosis, can increase a person's risk for kyphosis. Degenerative diseas...
What are the symptoms of kyphosis (hunchback)?
Symptoms of kyphosis, the bone disorder that causes the spine to curve and create a hump in the back...
How do medications treat kyphosis (hunchback)?
Medicine treatments for kyphosis depend upon what causes the condition and the symptoms of kyphosis....