Can kyphosis (hunchback) be prevented?

Preventing kyphosis is not possible. However, people who treat or prevent themselves from developing osteoporosis and other bone disorders may avoid developing kyphosis. In some cases, early diagnosis and treatment of specific types of kyphosis, such as Scheuermann's disease, can lessen the need to have surgery, but the disease cannot be completely prevented.

Continue Learning about Kyphosis (Hunchback)

How is kyphosis (hunchback) diagnosed?
In some cases, your doctor may be able to diagnose kyphosis by viewing the spine when you bend forwa...
How do I manage my kyphosis (hunchback) on a daily basis?
Kyphosis can be managed on a daily basis by avoiding strenuous activities. You should make sure that...
How does kyphosis (hunchback) affect the body?
Kyphosis affects the body by causing the spine to curve abnormally. A hump is developed in the upper...
What are the symptoms of kyphosis (hunchback)?
Symptoms of kyphosis, the bone disorder that causes the spine to curve and create a hump in the back...