When can I go back to work after knee replacement surgery?

Travis M. Hendry, MD
Orthopedic Surgery
Plan to return to work a few weeks after knee replacement surgery. Most patients return to work when their knee pain is minimal and they no longer need pain medication. Your surgeon will work with you to help you return to work or your normal activities as soon as possible.

Continue Learning about Knee Replacement

Know Before You Go: Knee Replacement
Know Before You Go: Knee Replacement
Have you had to cut back on activities of daily living because of knee pain? Have you found it more difficult to negotiate stairs, get out of your car...
What should I expect during knee replacement surgery?
Swedish Medical CenterSwedish Medical Center
Knee replacement surgery rehabilitation involves physical therapy before and after the joint replace...
What is a cemented knee replacement?
Cemented knee replacement, also called cemented fixation, uses a type of fast-drying bone cement cal...
What Is a Total Knee Replacement?
What Is a Total Knee Replacement?