What is a knee replacement recovery coach?

A recovery coach is a friend or relative who will help you in the hospital and at home after knee replacement surgery. Your recovery coach will need to:
  • Attend a pre-surgery class with you and learn how to help you
  • Take care of family members or pets while you're in the hospital and once you go home
  • Attend at least one session of physical therapy with you per day during your hospital stay
  • Take you home from the hospital and stay with you for at least a week after you go home from the hospital
  • Take you to your health care appointments, and help with errands, groceries, household work, and preparing meals

Continue Learning about Knee Replacement

Home Is Where the Healing Happens
Home Is Where the Healing Happens
Dorothy spends her entireThe Wizard of Oz journey searching for a way home to Kansas, only to find the solution was as simple as clicking her ruby hee...
What should I discuss with my doctor before knee replacement surgery?
Travis M. Hendry, MDTravis M. Hendry, MD
Discuss current health conditions with your doctors. Many people have a few health concerns that...
Why do I need a physical exam for a failed total knee replacement?
William A. Leone, MDWilliam A. Leone, MD
It is essential that your doctor examine your knee after a failed total knee replacement (TKR). Your...
What Causes Knee Joints to Wear Out?
What Causes Knee Joints to Wear Out?