What care can I expect after knee replacement surgery?

Travis M. Hendry, MD
Orthopedic Surgery
Your health care providers will help you recover and build the strength you need to leave the hospital after knee replacement surgery. They will:
  • Do everything possible to manage your pain and keep side effects to a minimum.
  • Evaluate your condition and your movement, and prescribe exercises to help you recover.
  • Administer medications, devices, and tests to help prevent your blood from clotting easily.
  • Listen carefully to your concerns and do their best to address them.

Continue Learning about Knee Replacement

Know Before You Go: Knee Replacement
Know Before You Go: Knee Replacement
Have you had to cut back on activities of daily living because of knee pain? Have you found it more difficult to negotiate stairs, get out of your car...
What are the advantages of partial knee replacement surgery?
Menorah Medical CenterMenorah Medical Center
Some advantages of partial knee replacement are: saves the anterior cruciate ligament less damag...
What will my incision look like after knee replacement surgery?
Dr. Travis M. Hendry, MDDr. Travis M. Hendry, MD
Your knee replacement surgery incision will be closed with a suture that is beneath the skin and cov...
What a Knee Replacement Looks Like
What a Knee Replacement Looks Like