Who is an ideal candidate for partial knee replacement surgery?

You may be an ideal candidate for a partial knee replacement if:

• You do not have systemic arthritis.
  • Only one knee compartment is affected by arthritis.
  • Arthritis has not cause severe deformity.
  • You do not have a physically demanding job.
  • You are not overweight.
Dr. Jeanne Morrison, PhD

The ideal candidate for a partial knee replacement surgery is (1) a younger person of normal weight, (2) a person who has localized arthritis to a single area of the knee, (3) a person who has an intact anterior cruciate ligament, (4) has no evidence of infection, and (5) does not have inflammatory arthritis.

Continue Learning about Knee Replacement

Know Before You Go: Knee Replacement
Know Before You Go: Knee Replacement
Have you had to cut back on activities of daily living because of knee pain? Have you found it more difficult to negotiate stairs, get out of your car...
What should I expect during knee replacement surgery?
Swedish Medical CenterSwedish Medical Center
Knee replacement surgery rehabilitation involves physical therapy before and after the joint replace...
How long will my replacement knee last?
Blake Medical CenterBlake Medical Center
Today, a replacement knee can last 15, 20 or even 25 good, active years. That’s compared to only a 5...
The Difference Between a Healthy Knee and a Damaged Knee