What physical therapy is needed after knee surgery?

Following knee surgery, the duration and intensity of physical therapy is often determined by the type of knee surgery, and also the person's health and goals following surgery. Physical therapy helps the person regain the full range of motion of the joint. Physical therapy should also help people regain the strength of the surrounding muscles and establish balance and proprioception to avoid future undue stress to the joint and gain greater function.

Continue Learning about Knee Pain

Why You Need Fiber
Why You Need Fiber
The legendary coach of the Green Bay Packers, Vince Lombardi, once said, “…you’ve got to play with your heart, with every fiber of your body.” Turns o...
How are knee injuries treated?
John Randolph Medical Center - HCA VirginiaJohn Randolph Medical Center - HCA Virginia
The first treatments are always ice, raising the injured area (elevation), rest, immobilization and ...
10 Easy Knee-Pain Treatments That You Need to Try
10 Easy Knee-Pain Treatments That You Need to Try10 Easy Knee-Pain Treatments That You Need to Try10 Easy Knee-Pain Treatments That You Need to Try10 Easy Knee-Pain Treatments That You Need to Try
Soothe your achy knees with these expert-approved tips and treatments.
How Can I Help Prevent Knee Pain?
How Can I Help Prevent Knee Pain?