Why should I make reading fun for my child?

Reading is fun. Whether on an expeditionary force through the Amazon jungle, or entering an immense world hidden inside a wardrobe, reading opens new worlds for kids. A child’s imagination is a beautiful thing, and reading helps develop it. School assignments can make reading a chore, so it’s important that children learn how fun reading can truly be at an early age.

Continue Learning about Children's Health

How to Emotionally Support Your Chronically-Ill Child
When your child is sick, your time, energy and thoughts are all focused on their physical wellbeing. Doctor’s appointments and treatment days alone ca...
What can I do to make trick-or-treating safe for my child?
UCLA HealthUCLA Health
The pediatricians at Mattel Children’s Hospital UCLA offer parents the following simple safety tips ...
Secrets for Perfect Attendance
Secrets for Perfect AttendanceSecrets for Perfect AttendanceSecrets for Perfect AttendanceSecrets for Perfect Attendance
Experts share their tips for keeping kids healthy all school year.
Is the Flu Shot Safe for Children?
Is the Flu Shot Safe for Children?