Why should I ask my child a lot of questions when reading to him or her?

When reading with your child, remember to keep him or her engaged by asking lots of questions. This benefits your child by encouraging thinking, not just listening. This keeps him or her engaged and helps develop critical thinking skills.

Continue Learning about Children's Health

Don’t Drop the Ball on Kids’ Snacks
Don’t Drop the Ball on Kids’ Snacks
It’s the start of your nine-year-old’s youth baseball season…He’s at bat—a swing and a miss. The 2-2 pitch hits the dirt and it gets by the catcher. ...
How do I prevent a medical mistake from happening to my child?
Using this little hospital checklist from Uncle Sam can go a long way to keeping your kid out of med...
6 Signs Your Child Should Go to the ER
6 Signs Your Child Should Go to the ER6 Signs Your Child Should Go to the ER6 Signs Your Child Should Go to the ER6 Signs Your Child Should Go to the ER
A sick child can be a scary thing for parents. A call to the pediatrician can calm your fears, but these 6 signs and symptoms could mean a trip to the...
How Do I Recognize a Thyroid Disease in My Child or Adolescent?