What are common stressors that hospitalized newborns may experience?

Some common stressors that hospitalized newborns may experience include the following:
  • loud noise and sudden movement
  • bright light
  • impairment of basic needs
  • limited caregiver involvement
This content originally appeared on the Alliance for Kids website.

Continue Learning about Children's Health

Exercise in Class to Maximize Learning
Exercise in Class to Maximize Learning
Ryan Fitzpatrick played sports from a very young age, but before becoming a starting quarterback in the NFL (he’s the first QB to throw four touchdown...
How do I explain my child's chronic illness to her?
Ask your pediatrician for suggestions on how to explain a particular illness to your child. My gener...
6 Signs Your Child Should Go to the ER
6 Signs Your Child Should Go to the ER6 Signs Your Child Should Go to the ER6 Signs Your Child Should Go to the ER6 Signs Your Child Should Go to the ER
A sick child can be a scary thing for parents. A call to the pediatrician can calm your fears, but these 6 signs and symptoms could mean a trip to the...
The Correct Way to Give a Child Medication