What are pain management and distraction techniques for kids aged 6 to 12?

Pain management and distraction techniques for kids aged 6 to 12 include the following:
  • conversation (humor)
  • music
  • encouraging statements
  • deep breathing and visualization
  • favorite toy
  • watching videos
  • iPad
  • comfort positions
This content originally appeared on the Alliance for Kids website.

Continue Learning about Children's Health

Hidden Signs of Child Abuse
Hidden Signs of Child Abuse
Every year, there are around 700,000 confirmed cases of child abuse in the United States. Three-quarters of these children that experienced abuse also...
How should I manage my child's eczema (atopic dermatitis)?
Management for eczema includes identifying and avoiding what aggravates the skin. Anything from cert...
Skip the Masks, Sort the Candy and 7 Other Tricks for a Safe Halloween
Skip the Masks, Sort the Candy and 7 Other Tricks for a Safe HalloweenSkip the Masks, Sort the Candy and 7 Other Tricks for a Safe HalloweenSkip the Masks, Sort the Candy and 7 Other Tricks for a Safe HalloweenSkip the Masks, Sort the Candy and 7 Other Tricks for a Safe Halloween
Use these tips to avoid spooky holiday hazards on the trick-or-treat trail.
Is Social Media a Health Risk for Your Kids?