What is an adolescent medicine specialist?

Richard Ricciardi
Advanced Practice Nursing
A health care professional that has additional education and training in care of the adolescent and young adult.
An adolescent medicine specialist is a healthcare provider with extra training to help manage the physical and emotional issues teenagers face, such as sexually transmitted diseases (STDs), acne, eating disorders, substance abuse and others. 

Continue Learning about Children's Health

RSV: When A Cold is Actually Something to Worry About
Millions of people catch colds each year. For kids, it’s a practically endless cycle, since most will have between six and eight of these upper respir...
What Medicines Are Available for Treating Nausea in Children?
How Should I Answer Criticism About the Choices I Make In Raising My Baby?
Why Should I Be Cautious When Giving My Child Fortified Cereal?