What determines how tall I will be?

Richard Ricciardi
Advanced Practice Nursing
Great question. Your final adult height is determined by your genetics (the height of your biological mother and father), the foods you eat (nutrients help you grow) and your overall health. Things you can control that may impact your final adult height are: eating a well-balanced diet, keeping yourself healthy and fit by exercising and maintaining a healthy lifestyle (for example not smoking) and maintaining a positive attitude and outlook about life.

Continue Learning about Children's Health

How to Emotionally Support Your Chronically-Ill Child
When your child is sick, your time, energy and thoughts are all focused on their physical wellbeing. Doctor’s appointments and treatment days alone ca...
How should I choose a hospital if my child is having surgery?
Here are some questions you should ask if your child is undergoing surgery:What is your hospital’s v...
Skip the Masks, Sort the Candy and 7 Other Tricks for a Safe Halloween
Skip the Masks, Sort the Candy and 7 Other Tricks for a Safe HalloweenSkip the Masks, Sort the Candy and 7 Other Tricks for a Safe HalloweenSkip the Masks, Sort the Candy and 7 Other Tricks for a Safe HalloweenSkip the Masks, Sort the Candy and 7 Other Tricks for a Safe Halloween
Use these tips to avoid spooky holiday hazards on the trick-or-treat trail.
Smart Help for Your Child's Constipation