Should children use deodorant?

Eliza Parker
Eliza Parker on behalf of MDLIVE
Pediatrics
Whether a person uses or does not use deodorant is a personal choice. However, children should not have body odor until they go through puberty. If a child has not started puberty and takes regular baths there should be no need to use deodorant. Girls tend to start puberty from 8-13 years of age and boys start from 9-14 years of age. If your child starts to have body odor or starts puberty before these ages it is important to check with your pediatrician to make sure there are no problem with their development.

Continue Learning about Children's Health

Some Stressed Kids do Better with Pets
Some Stressed Kids do Better with Pets
Do you have a kid who’s feeling down in the dumps? Give them some playtime with a furry friend. Taking your child to a dog poun...
What causes growing pains?
The physiology behind the cause of growing pains remains unclear. However, there are some theories t...
6 Signs Your Child Should Go to the ER
6 Signs Your Child Should Go to the ER6 Signs Your Child Should Go to the ER6 Signs Your Child Should Go to the ER6 Signs Your Child Should Go to the ER
A sick child can be a scary thing for parents. A call to the pediatrician can calm your fears, but these 6 signs and symptoms could mean a trip to the...
Dr. Tamar Chansky - What are signs of stress in my kids?