Why are outdoor activities good for my child’s development?

Getting outside and exploring allows your child to experience the awe and wonder of the great outdoors -- and learn from all kinds of sources, be they animal, vegetable, or mineral. Exposure to nature has enormous positive effects: It promotes intellectual curiosity, sustained focus, attention to detail, problem-solving skills, physical strength, and coordination, as well as provides opportunities for relaxation.
YOU: Raising Your Child: The Owner's Manual from First Breath to First Grade

There’s little doubt that parenting can be one of the most rewarding and satisfying experiences you’ll ever have. But it can be plenty tough, too: Around the clock, you’re working to keep your...

Continue Learning about Children's Health

Kids Can Avoid Repetitive Use Injuries with Sports
Not long ago, seasonal athletics gave kids the option of participating in several different sports over the course of a school year. One athlete who k...
How should I weigh my child?
The most accurate way to weigh a baby or small child at home is by using an adult scale. Hold yo...
Lice, Pinkeye and 7 More Back-to-School Problems
Lice, Pinkeye and 7 More Back-to-School ProblemsLice, Pinkeye and 7 More Back-to-School ProblemsLice, Pinkeye and 7 More Back-to-School ProblemsLice, Pinkeye and 7 More Back-to-School Problems
These common bugs and body issues should be on every parent's radar.
Is Strength Training Safe for Kids?
Is Strength Training Safe for Kids?