Why are outdoor activities good for my child’s development?

Getting outside and exploring allows your child to experience the awe and wonder of the great outdoors -- and learn from all kinds of sources, be they animal, vegetable, or mineral. Exposure to nature has enormous positive effects: It promotes intellectual curiosity, sustained focus, attention to detail, problem-solving skills, physical strength, and coordination, as well as provides opportunities for relaxation.
YOU: Raising Your Child: The Owner's Manual from First Breath to First Grade

There’s little doubt that parenting can be one of the most rewarding and satisfying experiences you’ll ever have. But it can be plenty tough, too: Around the clock, you’re working to keep your...

Continue Learning about Children's Health

Sugar Substitutes, Your Kids and the National Obesity Crisis
We’re here to talk about a nutritional slight of hand that’s tricking your body and making you more likely to pack on the pounds, even as you try to s...
Why should I read with my child regularly?
The Medical Center of AuroraThe Medical Center of Aurora
Read regularly with your child. There’s no specific time that has greater benefits, but experts reco...
6 Signs Your Child Should Go to the ER
6 Signs Your Child Should Go to the ER6 Signs Your Child Should Go to the ER6 Signs Your Child Should Go to the ER6 Signs Your Child Should Go to the ER
A sick child can be a scary thing for parents. A call to the pediatrician can calm your fears, but these 6 signs and symptoms could mean a trip to the...
How Can I Avoid Exposure to BPA?
How Can I Avoid Exposure to BPA?