Why are outdoor activities good for my child’s development?

Getting outside and exploring allows your child to experience the awe and wonder of the great outdoors -- and learn from all kinds of sources, be they animal, vegetable, or mineral. Exposure to nature has enormous positive effects: It promotes intellectual curiosity, sustained focus, attention to detail, problem-solving skills, physical strength, and coordination, as well as provides opportunities for relaxation.
YOU: Raising Your Child: The Owner's Manual from First Breath to First Grade

There’s little doubt that parenting can be one of the most rewarding and satisfying experiences you’ll ever have. But it can be plenty tough, too: Around the clock, you’re working to keep your...

Continue Learning about Children's Health

why are children afraid of going to the doctor ?
Sometimes, kids will open up about why they’re afraid of going to the doctor, but more often they re...
why is my child so thin ?
Kevin Auwarter, NASM Elite TrainerKevin Auwarter, NASM Elite Trainer
I understand your concern with this, because my own mother had a similar concern for me when I was...
what causes jaundice in infants ?
When the baby's body tries to break down and get rid of old red blood cells (from, say, a little bru...
how to get a child to sleep in his own bed