How can I tell if my child is over-scheduled?

Start by asking them, and yourself too. Then watch. Are they up until midnight doing homework? So wound up that they have trouble falling asleep? So tired that they’re comatose at breakfast? Now, look at your schedule. Are all of the activities in your life, including your children’s activities, impinging on family time? Are you often frazzled, running from one thing to the next? Are you overwhelmed or short fused by the end of the day because of all the running around?

From The Smart Parent's Guide: Getting Your Kids Through Checkups, Illnesses, and Accidents by Jennifer Trachtenberg.

The Smart Parent's Guide: Getting Your Kids Through Checkups, Illnesses, and Accidents

What to Do When You Don't Know What to Do! "Moms and dads need expert guidelines, especially when it comes to their kids' health. This book reveals the inside strategies I use myself-I'm a parent,...

Continue Learning about Children's Health

What Impact Does the White House Garden Have on Schools and Communities?
Want Your Kids to Eat Right? Here's How
Want Your Kids to Eat Right? Here's How
What to Expect From Your Nursey-School Child
Should Babies Get Flu Shots?
Should Babies Get Flu Shots?