How can I prevent dosage errors when giving my child liquid medication?

To prevent dosage errors when giving your child liquid medication, read the label closely, more than once, and be sure to follow the recommended dosage for the particular age of your child. Measure the dose, read the label again to confirm, and then administer. If you are not sure about it, call the nurse help line or your primary care provider for specific information.

Continue Learning about Children's Health

Kids and Video Gaming: What Are the Risks?
Did the Boston Red Sox ace pitcher David Price miss a start against the NY Yankees last year because of a video game? That idea was mentioned by a new...
How can I protect my child in the hospital?
Hospital Safety ScoreHospital Safety Score
Children, like adults, are vulnerable when they are in the hospital. Protecting them from harm due t...
Lice, Pinkeye and 7 More Back-to-School Problems
Lice, Pinkeye and 7 More Back-to-School ProblemsLice, Pinkeye and 7 More Back-to-School ProblemsLice, Pinkeye and 7 More Back-to-School ProblemsLice, Pinkeye and 7 More Back-to-School Problems
These common bugs and body issues should be on every parent's radar.
Breastfeeding Provides Ideal Nutrition for Babies