Children's Health

How can I encourage good behavior with my kids at home?

• A , Psychology, answered
    In America we need to teach our children more about the behaviors that are expected out of them, not just what will happen when they misbehave.

STEP 1 – Teach your children about the family culture in which you live. “In our family we…”

STEP 2 – Write out all the positive behaviors you see in your home for 72 hours. This will be the “lake” in which your children fish when they need to find a more positive behavior. “I saw”

Someone help clear the table.

Put their toys back.

Put their laundry in the basket.

Offer to help out.

STEP 3 – Lift one another up. Comment on what your family members are doing well and ask for more of it.

How can I help my child make good friends?