What do I need to know about caring for an infant with neonatal sepsis?

If you suspect your infant may have neonatal sepsis, the most important thing you can do is call your doctor. Early treatment with antibiotics is the primary remedy for the disease. Other than that, you can practice general techniques for limiting infection, such as hand washing.

Continue Learning about Children's Health

How Virtual Violence Can Have a Lasting Impact on Your Child
As if parents need another reason to worry about their kids, children spend an average of seven hours a day staring at television, tablet, computer an...
How can my kids' bedtime and midnight snacks affect their weight?
Dr. Michael Breus, PhDDr. Michael Breus, PhD
Kids -- teens especially -- are particularly prone to late and erratic bedtimes, midnight snacks...
Skip the Masks, Sort the Candy and 7 Other Tricks for a Safe Halloween
Skip the Masks, Sort the Candy and 7 Other Tricks for a Safe HalloweenSkip the Masks, Sort the Candy and 7 Other Tricks for a Safe HalloweenSkip the Masks, Sort the Candy and 7 Other Tricks for a Safe HalloweenSkip the Masks, Sort the Candy and 7 Other Tricks for a Safe Halloween
Use these tips to avoid spooky holiday hazards on the trick-or-treat trail.
How's Your Child's Self-Esteem?
How's Your Child's Self-Esteem?