What are some common problems middle children face?

Michele Borba
Here are seven common problems that both researchers warn us of and middle kids complain about from being sandwiched in between and parenting solutions for each hot-button issue. Middle children often report that they:

1. Feel less favored.

2. Feel overlooked and skimped on attention.

3. Hate to be compared.

4. Hide true feelings.

5. Feel tired of playing referee.

6. Always get the hand-me-downs!

7. Feel forced to follow siblings footsteps.
The Big Book of Parenting Solutions: 101 Answers to Your Everyday Challenges and Wildest Worries

Today show's Michele Borba's cures for difficult childhood behaviors In this down-to-earth guide, parenting expert Michele Borba offers advice for dealing with children's difficult behavior and hot...

Continue Learning about Children's Health

Why Kids Should Experience Nature
Why Kids Should Experience Nature
In 1950’s TV shows such as Lassie and The Andy Griffith Show, the young boys Timmy (Jon Provost) and Opie (Ron Howard) were always running around outs...
What can I do to make things easier for my child when getting an IV?
Alliance For Kids®Alliance For Kids®
To make things easier for your child when getting an IV, suggest that your child try the following: ...
Lice, Pinkeye and 7 More Back-to-School Problems
Lice, Pinkeye and 7 More Back-to-School ProblemsLice, Pinkeye and 7 More Back-to-School ProblemsLice, Pinkeye and 7 More Back-to-School ProblemsLice, Pinkeye and 7 More Back-to-School Problems
These common bugs and body issues should be on every parent's radar.
7 Ways to Help Kids Sleep Better
7 Ways to Help Kids Sleep Better