What do I do if my child gets into medication at home?

If your child gets into medication at home, the best course of action is to call Poison Control immediately, and be sure to save the medication bottle.

Keeping medications out of the reach of children is all about prevention. All medications should be stored in cabinets or containers that are either locked or simply difficult for them to get into.  

Continue Learning about Children's Health

Cut Down on Screen Time to Promote Your Child’s Development
A new study from the University of Calgary found that a child’s rapidly developing brain and thirst to learn new things come to a halt when he or she ...
What should I ask the pediatrician about my child’s prescription?
Before you accept any prescription from your pediatrician, I’d ask the following questions:“Do I hav...
6 Signs Your Child Should Go to the ER
6 Signs Your Child Should Go to the ER6 Signs Your Child Should Go to the ER6 Signs Your Child Should Go to the ER6 Signs Your Child Should Go to the ER
A sick child can be a scary thing for parents. A call to the pediatrician can calm your fears, but these 6 signs and symptoms could mean a trip to the...
Is There a Specific Test That Can Diagnose Enterovirus D68 in Children?