When can I return to work after a kidney-pancreas transplant?

After a kidney-pancreas transplant, you will be able to return to your previous job, start a new job or work part-time. However, if this is not possible, there are many other types of fulfilling and productive activities you can look into. These may include going back to school, finding hobbies, volunteering, starting an exercise program, traveling or spending quality time with family and friends. If you are able to return to work, you may want to ask the transplant social worker at your center for information about the rehabilitation services provided through your state's department of vocational rehabilitation.

Continue Learning about Kidney Transplant

Organ Donations on the Rise in the U.S.
Organ Donations on the Rise in the U.S.
When Nurse Jackie (Edie Falco) -- from the Showtime original series by the same name -- a married mother of two, was shagging her hospital’s pharmacol...
Can I smoke before a kidney transplant?
Methodist Specialty and Transplant HospitalMethodist Specialty and Transplant Hospital
Before a kidney transplant it is important that you stop smoking, whether you will be receiving a li...
How can a multiple-person kidney swap be achieved?
The world's largest kidney swap, involving eight transplants, started with a good samaritan.Watch th...
How Can a Multiple-Person Kidney Swap Be Achieved?