Who can I speak to if I have concerns about my kidney transplant?

If you have concerns about your kidney transplant you should speak to your transplant social worker. Your transplant social worker is the individual who will help connect you with those who can assist in coping with your new kidney, as well as coping with the waiting period prior to a transplant. Your family may also experience concerns and have questions, which can also be addressed by the social worker. Again, the social worker can provide resources and support to family members and others in coping with your transplant process.

Continue Learning about Kidney Transplant

Busting Organ Donation Myths
Busting Organ Donation Myths
This summer Jeni Stepien walked down the aisle in Swissvale, PA, arm-in-arm with the man whose life was saved 10 years ago by her murdered father’s do...
What is incompatible kidney transplantation?
NewYork-Presbyterian HospitalNewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is one of the few institutions worldwide to offer incompatible kidney ...
Can I smoke before a kidney transplant?
Methodist Specialty and Transplant HospitalMethodist Specialty and Transplant Hospital
Before a kidney transplant it is important that you stop smoking, whether you will be receiving a li...
How Can a Multiple-Person Kidney Swap Be Achieved?