Who can I speak to if I have concerns about my kidney transplant?

If you have concerns about your kidney transplant you should speak to your transplant social worker. Your transplant social worker is the individual who will help connect you with those who can assist in coping with your new kidney, as well as coping with the waiting period prior to a transplant. Your family may also experience concerns and have questions, which can also be addressed by the social worker. Again, the social worker can provide resources and support to family members and others in coping with your transplant process.

Continue Learning about Kidney Transplant

Organ Donations on the Rise in the U.S.
Organ Donations on the Rise in the U.S.
When Nurse Jackie (Edie Falco) -- from the Showtime original series by the same name -- a married mother of two, was shagging her hospital’s pharmacol...
Does Medicare cover prescription drug costs after a kidney transplant?
Methodist Specialty and Transplant HospitalMethodist Specialty and Transplant Hospital
After a kidney transplant Medicare Part D can help you pay for your prescribed drugs that are not co...
How is my remaining kidney cared for after a nephrectomy?
National Kidney FoundationNational Kidney Foundation
After a nephrectomy (surgical removal of a kidney), tests will be done on a regular basis to check h...
How Can a Multiple-Person Kidney Swap Be Achieved?