What is the recovery process like for a kidney transplant?

Recovery after kidney transplant involves a four to six day stay in the hospital. In this video, Ronald Martin, RN, with the transplant services team at Riverside Community Hospital, describes what a patient will do and learn during this time.

Continue Learning about Kidney Transplant

Organ Donations on the Rise in the U.S.
Organ Donations on the Rise in the U.S.
When Nurse Jackie (Edie Falco) -- from the Showtime original series by the same name -- a married mother of two, was shagging her hospital’s pharmacol...
How do I know if I'm eligible for a kidney transplant?
Methodist Specialty and Transplant HospitalMethodist Specialty and Transplant Hospital
To determine if you are eligible for a kidney transplant from either a living donor or a deceased do...
How can I reduce my waiting time for a kidney transplant?
You can reduce your waiting time for a kidney transplant by having your name placed on waiting lists...
How Can a Multiple-Person Kidney Swap Be Achieved?