How do I qualify for a kidney transplant?

The criteria to qualify for a kidney transplant is complex. If you suffer from chronic kidney disease you should meet with a nephrologist and review the risks and benefits of a transplant. After that, you should establish yourself with a transplant center where even more particulars can be discussed.

A kidney patient must meet certain criteria to be eligible for a transplant. In this video, Melissa Isbell, MD, nephrologist at Methodist Hospital, discusses the requirements.

Continue Learning about Kidney Transplant

Organ Donations on the Rise in the U.S.
Organ Donations on the Rise in the U.S.
When Nurse Jackie (Edie Falco) -- from the Showtime original series by the same name -- a married mother of two, was shagging her hospital’s pharmacol...
Who is part of a kidney transplant team?
National Kidney FoundationNational Kidney Foundation
Good health care is always a team effort -- especially for people having a kidney transplant. You an...
What should I expect after a kidney-pancreas transplant?
Your care after a kidney-pancreas transplant is very similar to that of a kidney transplant alone. O...
What Is the Prognosis of a Kidney Transplant Recipient?