What should I do if I have recurrent kidney stones?

Kimberly L. Harper, MD
Nephrology
If you have recurrent kidney stones, you should strongly consider having an evaluation with a nephrologist (a doctor who specializes in kidneys, including kidney stone prevention). If you have large stones, you may also benefit from an evaluation with an urologist (a surgeon who also specializes in kidneys, including kidney stone removal).

Continue Learning about Kidney Stones

Is There a Speedy Way to Pass Kidney Stones?
Kinga Ka is the world’s fastest rollercoaster, going from zero to 128 mph in 3.5 seconds. That’s enough loosen your fillings, and it’s hard to imagine...
What foods should I avoid if I have kidney stones?
Kenneth J. Stallman, MDKenneth J. Stallman, MD
With a kidney stone, it is best to avoid all osteolates such as spinach, chocolate, nuts and iced te...
What are the various types of kidney stones?
National Kidney FoundationNational Kidney Foundation
There are four main types of stones: 1. Calcium oxalate: The most common type of kidney stone whi...
4 Ways to Prevent Kidney Stones
4 Ways to Prevent Kidney Stones