What kind of kidney stones can develop in my body?

There are four primary types of kidney stones that may require different kinds of treatments. Uric acid stones can form if you eat a high-protein diet. Struvite stones can form if you have an infection. Cystine stones, the most rare kind of kidney stone, occur most often within families. Calcium stones are the most common kind of kidney stone and are caused by an excess of calcium in the kidneys.

Continue Learning about Kidney Stones

Is There a Speedy Way to Pass Kidney Stones?
Kinga Ka is the world’s fastest rollercoaster, going from zero to 128 mph in 3.5 seconds. That’s enough loosen your fillings, and it’s hard to imagine...
How long will my kidney stone take to pass?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
The larger the stone, the less chance it will pass on its own and the longer it will take. Kidney ...
How does hyperparathyroid treatment affect kidney stones?
American Association of Endocrine SurgeonsAmerican Association of Endocrine Surgeons
If left untreated, 1 of 3 patients with primary hyperparathyroidism will develop kidney stones. Howe...
4 Ways to Prevent Kidney Stones
4 Ways to Prevent Kidney Stones