How can drinking water reduce my risk of kidney stones?

Drinking enough fluid -- especially water -- can reduce your risk of kidney stones by keeping your urine less concentrated with waste products. More concentrated urine is darker, so aim to keep your urine very light yellow to clear. This will indicate that you are well hydrated. Most of the fluid you drink should be water. Most people should drink 8-12 glasses of water a day. Water is better than soda, sports drinks, coffee and tea. Drinks containing sugar and high-fructose corn syrup should be limited to small quantities.

Continue Learning about Kidney Stones

Is There a Speedy Way to Pass Kidney Stones?
Kinga Ka is the world’s fastest rollercoaster, going from zero to 128 mph in 3.5 seconds. That’s enough loosen your fillings, and it’s hard to imagine...
Where do kidney stones form?
UCLA HealthUCLA Health
By definition, kidney stones form in the kidneys. The salts are excreted by the kidney cells and pre...
How does caffeine affect my kidney stones?
If you have kidney stones, drinking beverages that contain caffeine can cause problems. Caffeinated ...
Health Benefits of Beer
Health Benefits of Beer