What can I expect after my kidney stone is removed?

After a kidney stone is removed, your doctor will perform a series of tests that will help tailor your diet for future prevention, says Jayram Krishnan, DO, a urologist at Sunrise Hospital. In this video, he explains what each test analyzes.

Continue Learning about Kidney Stone Treatment

How do I know if my ESWL for kidney stones was successful?
Sangtae Park, MDSangtae Park, MD
Your doctor will order an abdominal xray or CT scan to check that the stone is gone, usually 2-4...
How effective is ESWL for kidney stones?
National Kidney FoundationNational Kidney Foundation
Extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy (ESWL) is effective for certain types of kidney stones. Very l...
Can drinking dark beer help pass a kidney stone?
UCLA HealthUCLA Health
It is not a good idea to drink vast amounts of dark beer to help pass a kidney stone, although alcoh...
Is ESWL recommended in all cases of kidney stones?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
Extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy (ESWL) works best for stones smaller than 10 mm, located in ...