What is prerenal acute renal failure?

Postrenal acute renal failure is increased by the presence of an enlarged prostate, tumors around your bladder and kidneys, or kidney or bladder stones. Other conditions that obstruct your bladder or ureters may also increase your risk.

Kynthia James
Critical Care Nursing

Pre-renal failure is caused by a problem  that happens outside the kidneys such as decrease blood flow to the kidneys which can be caused by dehydration, burns, or decreasing in the work of the heart. This type of renal failure is usually reversible once the cause of the decrease blood flow is corrected.

Continue Learning about Kidney Failure (Acute Kidney Failure)

What is end-stage renal failure?
National Kidney FoundationNational Kidney Foundation
End-stage renal failure, or kidney failure, occurs when your kidneys are no longer able to support y...
How can my family and I cope with kidney failure?
You and your family may have difficulty accepting the changes in your lives caused by kidney failure...
Can I choose where to die if I stop dialysis?
If you choose to stop dialysis, your wishes about where you want to die will be honored as much as p...
What is an angiomyolipoma?
An angiomyolipoma is a benign (noncancer) tumor of fat and muscle tissue that usually is found in th...