What is postrenal acute renal failure?

Postrenal acute renal failure is a condition when your kidneys suddenly lose the ability to filter out waste from your blood. This leads to the accumulation of waste in the blood, which can cause symptoms like nausea, itchiness, and fatigue. Kidney failure can be caused by a number of things, but postrenal kidney failure is caused by anything that interferes with the excretion of urine out of the kidneys. Postrenal acute renal failure is a serious condition that can progress very quickly, but with proper treatment, it can be reversed.

Continue Learning about Kidney Failure (Acute Kidney Failure)

What should I know to care for someone with intrinsic acute renal failure?
Caring for someone with intrinsic acute renal failure involves helping them follow medical advice. S...
How do I manage my prerenal acute renal failure on a daily basis?
Prerenal acute renal failure can be a serious condition, but it generally is a temporary issue. It's...
What should I know to care for someone with postrenal acute renal failure?
Caring for someone with postrenal acute renal failure involves helping them follow medical advice. S...
How can my family and I cope with kidney failure?
National Kidney FoundationNational Kidney Foundation
You and your family may have difficulty accepting the changes in your lives caused by kidney failure...