What is the most rewarding thing about operating on live donors?

Ajay K. Sahajpal, MD
Transplant Surgery
Taking a completely normal individual and putting them through surgery to benefit another is altruistic on the donor's part. As a surgeon who does live donor surgery, to be honest the most rewarding part is when the surgery is complete and the donor and the recipient of the donor organ has done well.

Continue Learning about Kidney Donation

What are the risks of being a living kidney donor?
Penn MedicinePenn Medicine
Kidney donors may experience a slight rise in blood pressure and the development of a small amount o...
What is living kidney donation?
Scripps HealthScripps Health
Each year in the United States, about 6,000 people voluntarily donate one of their healthy kidneys t...
How can I donate a kidney to someone who I know is in need?
Susan M. Lerner, MDSusan M. Lerner, MD
First of all, educate yourself. You can start by contacting your medical center’s transplant center ...
Dr. Lloyd Ratner - About Kidney Donation