How are heart and kidney disease similar?

Diseases such as diabetes, high blood pressure and hardening of the arteries (arteriosclerosis) cause damage to both the heart and kidneys. So if you have heart disease, then it is likely that you have kidney disease and vice versa. Many people don’t experience severe symptoms until their kidney or heart disease is quite advanced, but there are some warning signs

Continue Learning about Kidney Disease

Don’t Let Hot Weather Kick in Kidney Stones
Death Valley gets less than two inches of rain a year and summer temperatures can soar to 120°F or higher. Chances are that’s one place you’d b...
What causes kidney disease?
The causes of kidney disease may vary from person to person and across the types of the condition, b...
How can I control my phosphorus levels if I have CKD?
National Kidney FoundationNational Kidney Foundation
When you have chronic kidney disease (CKD), your kidneys cannot remove phosphorus very well. High ph...
What Is Lupus Nephritis?
What Is Lupus Nephritis?