What is diabetes insipidus?

Diabetes insipidus is a condition characterized by frequent and heavy urination, excessive thirst and an overall feeling of weakness. This condition may be caused by a defect in the pituitary gland or in the kidney. In diabetes insipidus, blood glucose levels are normal.

Continue Learning about Kidney Disease and Urology

3 Embarrassing Bladder Problems and How to Plug the Leaks
At times, your bladder may not to do what it’s supposed to do (hold onto urine until you’re ready to relieve yourself), leading to anxiety-ridden acci...
If my kidneys are barely working, can my kidney function return to normal?
Anthony L. Komaroff, MDAnthony L. Komaroff, MD
Kidneys clean the blood and rid the body of waste products. Healthy kidneys function at 100%, but ma...
What can cause kidney scarring?
Scarring occurs during the healing process after damage to living tissue and cells. Scars are an imp...
What Nighttime Bathroom Trips May Mean
What Nighttime Bathroom Trips May Mean