Acute urinary retention is complete blockage of urinary flow. It is a very disturbing and painful condition that can have dangerous consequences if not treated rapidly. If the obstruction is left untreated, there is a chance that bladder dysfunction, bladder stones, or kidney damage could result.
- Birth Defects In Kidneys & Urinary Tract
- Bladder Disease
- Healthy Kidneys & Urinary System
- Interstitial Cystitis (Painful Bladder Syndrome)
- Kidney Disease
- Kidney Failure (Acute Kidney Failure)
- Kidney Stones
- Kidney Transplant
- Overactive Bladder
- Urinary Incontinence
- Urinary Tract Infections (UTI)
- Q What is urethral hypermobility?
- Q What test should be performed if I have blood in my urine?
- Q What is ischemic nephropathy?
- Q Is it harmful to hold in my urine if my bladder is full?
- Q What can cause urinary problems in men besides an enlarged prostate?
- Q If my kidneys are barely working, can my kidney function return to normal?