Acute urinary retention is complete blockage of urinary flow. It is a very disturbing and painful condition that can have dangerous consequences if not treated rapidly. If the obstruction is left untreated, there is a chance that bladder dysfunction, bladder stones, or kidney damage could result.
- Birth Defects In Kidneys & Urinary Tract
- Bladder Disease
- Healthy Kidneys & Urinary System
- Interstitial Cystitis (Painful Bladder Syndrome)
- Kidney Disease
- Kidney Failure (Acute Kidney Failure)
- Kidney Stones
- Kidney Transplant
- Overactive Bladder
- Urinary Incontinence
- Urinary Tract Infections (UTI)
- Q What causes urethritis?
- Q What causes malrotated kidney?
- Q What is the urinary tract?
- Q If my kidneys are barely working, can my kidney function return to normal?
- Q What cancers do urologists treat?
- Q What are the symptoms of acute urinary retention?