How common is lymphangioleiomyomatosis?

It is not known how many people currently live with lymphangioleiomyomatosis (LAM). LAM is often misdiagnosed because it shares symptoms with more common conditions, including asthma, bronchitis, and emphysema. There are roughly 1,500 confirmed cases of LAM, but the number of people who actually have it may be as high as 250,000.

Continue Learning about Kidney Disease Treatments

How do medications treat kidney disease?
Medications treat kidney disease by treating the causes of it and helping to manage the consequences...
How is renal (kidney) artery disease treated?
NewYork-Presbyterian HospitalNewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
Patients whose symptoms are mild to moderate can often manage their disease by making lifestyle chan...
Do I need to take vitamin and mineral supplements if I have kidney disease?
National Kidney FoundationNational Kidney Foundation
If you have kidney disease, it may be important for you to take certain amounts of some vitamins and...
Why is a low-protein diet necessary for some patients with kidney disease?
Protein is needed for growth, upkeep and repair of all parts of your body. Protein comes from the fo...