What are the early symptoms of kidney disease?

Kidney disease is usually silent in the early stages, and the physical symptoms of kidney disease -- such as fatigue, poor appetite, nausea, vomiting, and a metallic taste -- are not apparent until advanced kidney disease is present. High blood pressure also may be the result of kidney disease. Blood tests, including a raised creatinine and BUN (blood urea nitrogen) can detect early asymptomatic kidney disease, as can elevated levels of protein in the urine.

Continue Learning about Kidney Disease Symptoms

What are the symptoms of postrenal acute renal failure?
Since postrenal acute renal failure is usually the result of another condition, symptoms may vary ac...
What are the symptoms of kidney disease?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Kidney disease symptoms usually don't appear until the disease has progressed. When children have ki...
What is albuminuria?
Albumin is a protein that can be found in the urine. Albuminuria means you have too much of this pro...
How do I tell if I have kidney disease?
Jumo HealthJumo Health
You may be able to tell if you have chronic kidney disease if fluid is building up in your body. Thi...