Should I talk to my doctor about my kidney disease symptoms?

If you are experiencing symptoms of kidney disease, you should talk to your doctor as soon as you can. By the time someone starts having symptoms of kidney disease, it means that the disease has progressed past the early stages. The symptoms you experience such as a change in urination frequency, fatigue, loss of appetite, nausea or vomiting, itchy or numb sensations, swelling hands and feet, difficulty concentrating, muscle cramps, and skin darkening all show that your decreased kidney function is causing serious problems in your body. Kidney disease requires treatment to slow down the disease's progression and to keep the body from shutting down once kidney disease causes kidney failure, so talk to your doctor about your symptoms immediately.

Continue Learning about Kidney Disease Symptoms

What imaging tests are done to measure kidney function?
National Kidney FoundationNational Kidney Foundation
Together with other tests, imaging tests show how well the kidneys are doing their job of removing w...
What is a sign that shows that the kidneys are not working well?
MediGuardMediGuard
Metformin is excreted primarily through your kidneys. When your kidneys are not working well, metfor...
Should I talk to my doctor about my postrenal acute renal failure symptoms?
If you're experiencing symptoms that you think may be caused by postrenal acute renal failure, you s...
What are the symptoms of kidney disease?
Kidney disease symptoms usually don't appear until the disease has progressed. When children have ki...