Should I talk to my doctor about my kidney disease symptoms?

If you are experiencing symptoms of kidney disease, you should talk to your doctor as soon as you can. By the time someone starts having symptoms of kidney disease, it means that the disease has progressed past the early stages. The symptoms you experience such as a change in urination frequency, fatigue, loss of appetite, nausea or vomiting, itchy or numb sensations, swelling hands and feet, difficulty concentrating, muscle cramps, and skin darkening all show that your decreased kidney function is causing serious problems in your body. Kidney disease requires treatment to slow down the disease's progression and to keep the body from shutting down once kidney disease causes kidney failure, so talk to your doctor about your symptoms immediately.

Continue Learning about Kidney Disease Symptoms

What can cause horizontal stripes on my fingernails?
If you notice white horizontal stripes on your unpainted nails, it could indicate kidney disease...
Should I see my doctor if my eyes are often puffy?
National Kidney FoundationNational Kidney Foundation
If your eyes are consistently swollen, especially in the morning, take note. This has been linked wi...
How common is kidney disease in adults?
Kidney disease is the eighth leading cause of death in the United States, responsible for the death ...
What are the symptoms of postrenal acute renal failure?
Since postrenal acute renal failure is usually the result of another condition, symptoms may vary ac...